Thursday, January 3, 2008

The obligatory new years post

So 2007 didn't go out with much of a bang for me. I kicked off New Year's eve with a little snow shoe trek with a co-worker and his wife up Teton Canyon. We ended up seeing 5 moose and I got these nifty albeit crummy quality videos of this cow and calf foraging amongst the willows. They were probably only 50 yards away and my camera seemed to have problems focusing.


After the snow shoe trek we drove up to Targhee Resort for the torch parade down the mountain and the fire works show. It was colder than a witch's hat and I was ready to go home. Daniel and Sara ended up eating at the resort and then did an hour on the tube hill which they said was a blast.


I got home, fed the horses and was in bed by 8:30. And that's it.

Will the real Big Foot please stand up...








3 comments:

emilyjarkins said...

So you do have blue skies there in the winter! Happy New Years!

Katherine Plumer said...

Dang, those are some seriously freakish looking icicles!

Yay mooses! Is that near where you live?

Adventure Prone and Co. said...

Yes Katherine, just across the state line in Wyoming...about 5 minutes from work.