Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two days in Yellowstone

My Friend Katherine was visiting last week from Sacramento. We spent two days in Yellowstone and had some dissapointments and some real surprises. Katherine got a bunch of pictures with her new camera and she even let me snap a few. Mostly we saw elk and bison but missed out on moose and bears. We saw an eagle with eaglets and we saw two wolves chasing down a cow elk. If I get a chance I will post a few of the pictures I got to take.
Almost as exciting as the wolves were the bear and twin cubs we saw on a horse back ride in Grand Teton Park at a few yards distance. I'm glad we weren't on foot. I thought they were cinnamon black bears but our ride leader swears they were grizzlies. Hmmm...I'm still not so sure.
Anyway, Katherine is gone and I'm back to work. The folks arrive this week for some visit time during the 4th, and I will be busy working the parade for mounted patrol.
Sorry this is so short and abbreviated, but there's so much to do lately...

2 comments:

Katherine Plumer said...

Hey, I'll get that CD to you as soon as I can, I'm only up to the 25th so far! Feel free to post mine too, just credit as needed. You'll know by the image names who took which ones. I am not going to watermark the pics I am sending you, I trust you with them. :-) They are the full size photos, I'm only marking what I post on line.

emilyjarkins said...

Hope you had fun with Mom and Dad. How did she do on the horse ride???